SEOUL METRO FACTS
- World’s longest multi-operator metro system by route length.
- Rated as one of the world’s best subway systems by CNN and Jalopnik.
- Nearly all stations have platform screen doors, adding an extra layer of security.
- All lines are equipped with the T-money smart payment system which incorporates RFID and NFC technology for convenient and speedy automatic payment.
- It is the world’s only subway system with full-color LCD screens that display real-time arrival time of trains.
- All stops are announced in Korean and English, and some major stops in Japanese, and Mandarin Chinese.
How about traveling Korea just by taking subway? Travel Korea via Subway / Metro – (1) Intro & How to take Korean subway / metro
KOREAN BUSES – WHAT DO THE DIFFERENT COLORS MEAN?
– TRUNK BUS
– LONGER DISTANCE
– CONNECTS SUBURBAN AREAS TO DOWNTOWN SEOUL
– BRANCH BUS
– SHORTER DISTANCE
– CONNECTS MAJOR SUBWAY STATIONS / BUS TERMINALS OUTSIDE DOWNTOWN
– RAPID / EXPRESS BUS
– CONNECTS METROPOLITAN AREA TO DOWNTOWN SEOUL
– CIRCULATION BUS
– CIRCLES PARTS OF SEOUL AND STOP AT STATIONS NEAR ESSENTIAL AREAS LIKE BUSINESS, TOURIST, SHOPPING SPOTS
WHAT’S THE FASTEST GROUND TRANSPORTATION IN KOREA?
Korea Train eXpress (KTX) 330 km/h (205 mph)
THE TALLEST BUILDING IN KOREA?
Lotte World Tower 롯데월드타워 a 556-meter (1824 ft) 123-story skyscraper!